Sunday, November 27, 2011

why doesn't she come?

Why doesn't she come  ?
         I know we said eight.
Or was it half past  ?
That clock mñt be fast :
Why doesn't she come  ?
         She's ten minutes late.

I'll sit by the door
And see her come in.
I've brought her a rose,
         I' borrowed a pin.
I'll be very severe,
I'll tell her, " my dear,
You mustn't be late"
It's quarter past eight
        Why doesn't she come  ?

why doesn't she come  ?
        This must be the place.
She couldn't forget,
Or is she upset  ?
Why doesn't she come  ?
        Am I in disgrace  ?
Oh, well, if it's that,
We were both in wrong

I'll give her the rose
And say I was wrong
I'll give her a kiss
And tell her I'm sorry
"I'm terribley sorry"
why doesn't she come  ?
        perhap she is ill,
I fancied last night
Her eyes were too bright
        A feverish child  ?
She's lying in bed
She's light in the head   !
She's dying - she's dead   !
        Why doesn't she come  ?

Why doesn't she come  ?
        She's tried of me - eh  !
I've noticed a chang,
        Last night she looked strange.
So this is the end  ?
       Why couldn't she say  ?
Well never again !
She neednt explain.
I know who it is
I know who it is
I've done with her now.
       Why doesn't she come  ?

Why doesn't she come  ?
It's nearly half - past.
Well, never again  !
I'll send her the rose,
I want say her word,
Jñt send her the rose
She'd laugh, I suppose !
A flirt and a fraud !
I'll travel abroad ;

I'll go to the East:
I'll shoot wild beast.
And now for a drink,
A brandy I think -
         And drown my self in it.........
I'll shoot my self.......oh,
How I loved her...!
Hul- lo!
What ? late ? not a minute .......!

by A.P. Herbert

2 comments:

  1. හම් ලස්සනයි තමයි. සමහර වෙලාවට මමත් ඔහොමයි. හරිම කලබලයි. හදිසි තීරණ කෝටියක් විතර ගන්නවා. මේ වෙලාවට මේක හොදයි කියලා හිතුනා.

    ReplyDelete

කියවලා බලලා හිතට දැනෙන අවංකම දේ මෙතන කුරුටු ගෑවොත් ඒක මට ලොකු ශක්තියක්. ඒ නිසා ඔයාලගේ හැගීම් වචන වලට පෙරලන්න අමතක කරන්න එපා...!!!!!